If you've ever tried to make Mozzarella, you know that many recipes can be so frustrating! - Demanding lots of attention, constant PH checking, only to end up with inconsistent results...Curds that won't stretch, or dry, tasteless cheese..
When I started making mozzarella, I experienced the same thing, with seemingly endless batches ending in something that I really couldn't ask my family to eat...really...it was that bad! Dry, rubbery, tasteless cheese that wouldn't stretch.
I almost gave up, until I came across a recipe that worked really well. I tried it a second time and guess what! It worked again. I was so excited.
Since then, my girls and I have made some improvements and now this is our go to recipe for mozzarella.
If you need to see it on paper, I have added a link to the downloadable recipe below the video.
Come on in to the milk kitchen and join me...
A couple of helpful tips~
1) Make sure you have a firm curd as shown in the video. If it is to runny, be patient. It may take a few more minutes to set up
2) Make sure that you don't try to squeeze all of the whey out. You aren't pressing the curd, just expressing most of the whey out. It will continue to contract whey, while it is being cut into cubes. This will prevent it from becoming too dry.
3) Use the whey. Yes, whey has many uses. It makes wonderfully soft bread dough - just eliminate all or part of your water when making bread. You can also add whey to soups and stews for added protein and nutrients. Still have extra? It's good for animals too.
4) Make sure that your water isn't chlorinated
5) You can find citric acid in most health food stores or online.
6) Liquid can be found online, too. If you need help finding it, or are just confused about what you need, just send me an email.
7) If your rennet isn't working, try adding 10 more drops. This should help. Rennets can be different, so experiment with amounts, if needed.
Thanks so much for checking out the video. If you have questions, leave a comment below or email me. email@example.com.
7U Ranch, LLC ~ Seth, Raini, Liam, Charise and Rhian Allen
Need Raw Milk- You can find it here!
A dedicated mother and wife who has a passion for everything healthy and gift for simplifying that knowledge and making it applicable for others.